feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

zaterdag 15 november 2008

deCODE me retail dna test

Never before has it been so easy to learn how scientific knowledge about ancestry, disease risk and the inheritance of physical traits applies to you and your genome. Your guide on this journey is deCODE genetics, one of the most trusted names in human gene discovery.

deCODE.me



For about $1000, deCODE will scan my genome for genetic markers linked to such killers as heart disease, diabetes, certain types of cancer and Alzheimer’s. All that’s required is for me to order a kit, swab the inside of my cheek, drop the swab into the mail, wait a few weeks and then log on to decodeme.com to view my results.
deCODEyou.com


NBC Nightly News on deCODE genetics





Dr. Robert Superko - How a deCODE genetic test helped




from the deCode blog :

your health, genetics and genetic tests



With a simple swab from the inside of your cheek, deCODE genetics can scan your DNA, map your markers and assess your risk of developing 29 common diseases. Edward Weinman, self-described hypochondriac, wonders if he should look too closely at his possible future.


...and what do clients say ?
But is it really a good idea for a hypochondriac like myself to know my own DNA? What if I discover that I have a high risk of heart disease? Will I soon be hauling myself off to the ER complaining of chest pains? Until recently, my view is that it would have been better to live and hope for the best rather than discover I have a high probability of developing a fatal condition. Ignorance is bliss.

...I exercise like a banshee. However, despite all the hours logged in the gym, I’ve taken more than one trip to the ER because of chest pains. I’ve had EKGs, stress tests, even a CT angiogram which all revealed that my heart was strong. The cause of my chest pains: stomach ulcers and, later, anxiety. But that helpless feeling of lying in the ER as doctors connect EKG leads to my chest sometimes returns. I worry about my health more than most 41-year-olds. So maybe a genetic test is exactly what I need to put my mind at rest.

Yes, I want to arm myself with as much information as possible in order to fight what might be coming, or at least prepare for what might await me on the horizon."




Q: how about a cure for the common cold ?

0 reacties: